POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP : Re: IRTC WIP Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP
From: Tyler Eaves
Date: 26 Mar 2003 12:25:35
Message: <3e81e28e@news.povray.org>
Marc Jacquier wrote:

> 3e81d959@news.povray.org...
>> My 2nd IRTC entry (in early stages)
>>
>> What isn't at least semi final should be obvious ;)
>>
>> Comments?
>>

> Nice :)

:)

> I love lighthouses.
> This one's last moments arrived though :(

> I think wall should be thicker to stand that height.
> Some bricks are missing ( all those that are missing to the tower are not
> on the ground, are they?)
>
> I'm looking forward to see the following
>
> Marc

Well, a little explanation might be in order.

My concept with this image is of a lighthouse that was damaged many years
ago by some sort of storm. (Thus was many bricks are 'missing') The walls
probably are a bit thin. Shouldn't be a big deal to change. I'm using a
Python script to generate the bricks (All 50k of them! - Almost 11MB of pov
code) The radio antenna / beacon (very prelim) is something I just added
today, and what I'm working on now. Sort of an obselecence thing going on.